12.18.2007

Love= Lack of Knit and Days Off

There are a lot of things that I love about being a teacher.
  • I love being in a constant state of learning.
  • I love watching kids move from "I don't get it" to "Ooooh! I get it!"
  • I love that reading picture books is still a completely acceptable thing for me to do.
  • I love that I get told I have a pretty singing voice when reality differs from that declaration greatly.
  • I love that recess is still a part of my day.
  • I love that I am considered a fashionable dresser among my coworkers, though also am told that I am not very festive. (Given the knitted sweaters, wooden jewelery, mauve stretch pants, and embroidered jumpers that abound in my profession's wardrobe, I would say the latter of the two is the real compliment.)
  • I love my work days, though planned to the minute, are never the same and generally unpredictable.
  • I love that this is my 23rd consecutive Christmas Break.

What's not to love? Well, that, my friends, is probably another post!

No comments: