12.08.2007

Things to Say

Lately I've been saying, "I should totally blog about that." So...here I am. I'm a blogger. I've got things to say.

Last weekend, I had a personal "clean sweep" and got rid of a SUV full of mostly stuff and things...and I thought I could blog about that.

Not that long ago, while shoe shopping, I discovered the 10 is the new 9, bumping me up to 11, the old ten....I've been thinking that I could blog about that.

When the Oak Hills drivethru Starbucks opened this last week , Melis happened to be driving by and saw the ribbon cutting. We drove out only expecting to be able to say we were there within the first hour of its opening, which in and of itself is an impressive thing. However, fate intervened. Not only were there free samples delivered in rounds to our car while we waited in line...but you could order anything...for free. And of course I thought, I could blog about that.

Teaching third grade gives me plenty of blogable moments. On top of the things kids often say, which daily provide me with lots of humor, there is also all the moments that I create myself with my instability on my own two (now size 11) feet and unpredictability of my coordination. Like the time I fell out of my directors chair, or tripped over a the overhead pull cord causing the screen to retract with my heel still in the loop...., or the time a fly flew up my nose during math, or when I missed the seat of my stool, or.....yeah....lots to blog about there.

There's also the questions that I have that I think could be blogged about...like why am I so lyrically challenged? why is there constantly a full hamper of dirty clothes and we do laundry almost everyday? why do I thrive crossing off items off of a to do list? (Which by the way, I will probably add "create blog" onto my Saturday to do list....just so I can cross it off.) All of these questions...blogable.

I think that life in general deserves to be blogged about. The ordinary moments that we tend to forget are the ones that make up the largest part of life.

So mostly blog I will....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

welcome to the wonderful world of blog. you are mostly one of my favs.