7.25.2009

Freshness

Yesterday, Beth and I went for an early morning hike at Silver Creek Falls. And I am not kidding when I say early. I pulled into Beth's driveway shortly after 6 o'clock. We got our coffee fix at Starbucks and headed out!


We started at the North Falls trailhead and took the Canyon Trail in for a few miles, crossed over the river onto the Winter Trail, and hiked back to the trailhead uphill on the Rim Trail. We saw four of the ten waterfalls that are in the park. It was quiet and the air was incredibly fresh. We saw beautiful wildflowers, small wildlife (I even took a video of a chimpmunk eating a berry), breathtaking waterfalls, and heard cheerful birds singing. At one point we realized that the loudest sound was that of our footsteps. When we stopped, it was incredible. You could hear the faint sound of bubbling water and that was it.


Another fun part of the day was that I played photographer...taking myself back to the good ol' days of high school yearbook. I actually got a few shots that I was proud of. And I was inspired to read the manual for my camera because, in my expereince, knowing your camera and the settings is key to getting a really cool pictures. I don't know, I'm thinking about adding photography back onto my hobby list.

2 comments:

Heather K. said...

Lovely pictures Tiff!

Beth said...

excellent post & pics! i had a blast hiking with you! can't wait to schedule our next hike!